UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO at BOULDER August 2007
Director of Marketing – Promotional Marketing / Brand Development
Rage Unlimited, Boulder, CO, December/ 2008 to Present
• Facilitate new business acquisition through networking and creative marketing.
• Manage product development from brainstorming inception to final production while maintaining brand integrity.
• Assist clients in marketing new products and initiatives through comprehensive techniques and merchandise to communicate their brand to the world.
• Provide brand direction, creative influence and suggestive solutions to clients.
• Utilizing all company resources to maintain client relationships and increase business.
• Manage each client’s pricing structure in an effective manner that increases sales while remaining a cost-effective resource for the client.
Account Manager- Promotional Marketing / Brand Development
Rage Unlimited, Boulder, CO, October/2006 to December/2008
• Deliver branded items to clients in a high-paced and competitive marketplace.
• Execute quick and educated decisions to deliver the most effective marketing possible.
• Oversee and organize every step required to complete jobs for my clients in a time-sensitive manner.
• Help my associates with whatever necessary while continuing to fulfill my own responsibilities and commitments.
• Act as a liaison between the client, art department, shipping, and production for all manufactured items.
• Recruit, train, manage and guide interns on a daily basis to facilitate the most useful help possible.
Internship- Promotional Marketing / Brand Development
Rage Unlimited, Boulder, CO, April/2006 to October/2006
• Composed proposals for clients within specific demographic parameters.
• Provided creative ideas and pricing to account managers.
• Handled shipping, receiving, and fulfillment for numerous projects.
• Assisted in any way to support the success of the company.
Bartender/ Bar Back
The Sink, Boulder, CO, January/2005 to April/2006
• Excelled in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and public relations where necessary.
• Worked in a team driven manner that was necessary to make the business run smoothly.
• Made decisions that would please each customer as much as possible, without jeopardizing the integrity of my position.
Word, Excel, Power Point, Tumblr, Facebook
My move from Michigan to Colorado in 2001 marked a life-changing experience for me. One of the bet decisions I ever made. I have enjoyed the people, outdoors, music scene, artistic culture, business environment and the creative mecca that is this area ever since.
I joined Rage Unlimited in the spring of 2006 while still earning my degree from CU Boulder. Throughout my time there, I have grown a lot, learned a lot about numerous aspects of life and business, and been influenced by some really great individuals.
I moved from intern to account manager to director of marketing, and now here I am. You have to be a jack of all trades at Rage or else you will not survive. It is a fast-paced environment where you are required to multi-task sales, negotiations, problem solving, production management, creativity, customer service, etc at all times.
I am at a point where I am ready to see what else this world holds for me. I would like to move in more of a conceptual direction with my career. I would really enjoy extending my skills and knowledge into brand management or creative / integrated marketing. A position of the likes is how I see myself as being the most beneficial asset to an organization.
Enjoy the site, and please feel free to reach me on my cell 970.420.5079 or via email: <Justin.P.Brothers@gmail.com>
Rage - Additional Brands
Here are a few more of the brands that I work with. Every one of them is different in their own way, and I have to be very understanding and sensitive to that when I am making suggestions and working on projects.
Rage - Sobe
Sobe Summer Fridays is a marketing tour that Epiphany Media hosted for Sobe this summer. These are some of the projects that I conceptualized and produced for the events.
Rage - MTV
These are more examples of projects I have completed with MTV properties. Its nice when they use us for great ideas as opposed to their in-house department. That must say something about our service and creativity.
RAGE Unlimited - MTV
Rage - MTV Video Music Awards 09
Rage has been involved with the Music Awards for years. This year I had a couple of projects to work on.
Rage - MTV / Sunkist Party Summer 08
I pulled this project together very last-minute for MTV and Sunkist. In the end, we flew to LA to enjoy the festivities.
Rage - Diageo
I do quite a bit of work for Diageo through Epiphany Media out of NYC. Whether its interactive DVDs or bottle shaped candles, they always have some great projects to work on.
Rage - Breckenridege
Working with Breck has been a great experience for the last couple of years. The people are great and very easy to work with. They always give us quite a bit of creative freedom.
Rage - Keystone
I had the pleasure of working with Keystone for 2 years. This season, we at Rage have divided the Vail resorts between 3 of us. Instead of Keystone I now manage Heavenly, which I have been enjoying.
Rage - Intrawest Resorts- Winter Park / Copper Mountain / Crested Butte
I have managed quite a bit of projects for these Intrawest Resorts. It is a pleasure to work with so many different elite mountain brands around Colorado. And the perks never hurt.
Rage - Product Design-
Hapa Sushi out of Boulder / Denver came to us to produce new cut-and-sew server shirts and ladies sushi chef shirts. Here are the two that we worked very diligently towards. We also produce the rest of Hapa’s merchandise, but these shirts have been a real treat to have some creative freedom with.
Rage - Product Development-
I worked with a client to developt a new product from inception to production. I facilitated the production overseas through our extensive factory network. Important aspects of the devlopment included: budget sensitivity, industry knowledge, material knowledge, timliness, effectiveness of communication with production manager overseas and knowledge of the target demographic(s). This was a great project to manage.